Is your girlfriend pregnant? Now what? She may be calling the shots, but you are equally important. While there is a ton of information out there for her, there is not a lot of input for guys. You may be asking yourself questions like…
The first step- take a deep breath. You are going to be ok and you don’t have to do this alone. The following steps offer support as you navigate this decision together. Your support will go a long way in your partner’s pregnancy journey.
1. Call to schedule an appointment at our center to confirm her pregnancy test.
2. Take her to the appointment; this will mean the world to her.
3. Explore your options. She isn’t the only one who is going to be a parent. What does that look like?
4. Take time to think about the future.
5. Give her a chance to tell you how she feels. Listen as she tells you about her thoughts and dreams— what’s making her excited, anxious or scared?
6. Be honest and share your feelings with her.
Another way to support your partner during pregnancy is simply being available. Stay involved and be there when she needs you. Another way include:
• Tell her how much she means to you.
• Give her time to make an informed decision.
• Research ways to strengthen your relationship.
While input for guys is not abundant in our culture; we are here for you! Your partner is not the only one who needs support right now. We are here to give you the advice and guidance you need. Contact us to talk with someone who understands.
*Our center does not perform or refer for abortions*